Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.audio.tech
Ian Iveson Ian Iveson is offline

Default Doug Sax on wire

Arny Krueger wrote

In the end Chris, this is all about microphones, not
someone's elaborate philosoply of the meaning of life. I
don't buy engineer's life's philosophy, I buy the
microphones that he designs because they sound good. If
the guy is an atheist or Buddhist or Mormon, and his mics
are what I'm in the market for, then we've got a deal!

No logic Arny, I'm afraid. You could equally say that you
don't care if the microphone is made of green cheese, as
long as it sounds good. Point being that it wouldn't. Have
you checked that Buddhists, Mormons and atheists do actually
all make good microphones?

If you wanted an innovative microphone, one that would
embody more than received wisdom and common practice, I
suggest the atheist would be your best bet.

Ian