Posted to rec.audio.tech
hotmeat hotmeat is offline

Default Can't select Digidesign ASIO driver in XP

Well, you CAN select the Digidesign Digi 001 (I believe with 4
different options for each set of channels) from the MS Sound and Audio
Devices app, and you have to if that's where you want your sound to
output. It does not give me the Digi as an option even though the Digi
appears to be recognized and working in Device Manager.

I tried selecting ASIO/Digi in Samplitude but it fails. Which doesn't
surprise me since it isn't in the system sound options itself.

We tested the cable and there's nothing wrong with it. The Phantom and
power lights appear on the Digi box. The Digi option should be there
even if I don't have the box connected, right? I don't recall.

Any troubleshooting ideas?

Geoff wrote:
hotmeat wrote:
Here's what I have:

Relatively new computer with XP, Digi 001 connected, installed the
latest ASIO drivers from the Digidesign website (Audio drivers 7.0 and
ASIO 6.1.1), rebooted. Digi 001 now shows up in Device Manager under
sound devices. It says the device is working properly.

However, when I go to Sounds and Audio devices under Control Panel,
the Digi is not an option. When I try to select the ASIO from
Samplitude (I don't use Pro Tools) it says Loading Failed, Bad
Device. I tried disabling the soundcard that came with the system
(RealTek 97 or something like that) and now the menus in Sounds and
Audio are grayed out.

Does anyone know how I can get the ASIO going? Thanks in advance.

You can't select ASIO 'anything' in the MS Mapper. You select an ASIO
dricver directly from the supporting application.

geoff