Posted to rec.audio.tech
hotmeat hotmeat is offline

Default Can't select Digidesign ASIO driver in XP

Here's what I have:

Relatively new computer with XP, Digi 001 connected, installed the
latest ASIO drivers from the Digidesign website (Audio drivers 7.0 and
ASIO 6.1.1), rebooted. Digi 001 now shows up in Device Manager under
sound devices. It says the device is working properly.

However, when I go to Sounds and Audio devices under Control Panel, the
Digi is not an option. When I try to select the ASIO from Samplitude (I
don't use Pro Tools) it says Loading Failed, Bad Device. I tried
disabling the soundcard that came with the system (RealTek 97 or
something like that) and now the menus in Sounds and Audio are grayed
out.

Does anyone know how I can get the ASIO going? Thanks in advance.