Scott Gardner

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 13:59:43 -0500, (bob wald)
wrote:

mz..if 20watts will never travel 100ft. and 500watts will.you say more
watts doesnt effect speed..hmmmmmm
well i'm getting rid of my 1000s of watts of amps and buying just
50-100watts....since it will be heard 100ft away the same as
1000watts.as to what you said....
i wish i met yall be4 i bought all these amps.....
also guess your 100watts will be heard fine 1000ft away..since power
doesnt effect speed...

Power doesn't affect speed. With less power, the sound will be weaker
when it arrives at a certain distance, but it won't get there any
faster or slower.

No one is claiming that more amplification won't make the music
louder, we're just pointing out that more amplification won't get it
there any faster.

Think of it this way. Do the quiet parts of a song take longer to get
to you than the loud parts? If a singer is singing loudly, with a
guitar playing softly in the background, does the singer's voice get
out-of-sync with the background instruments, even at a concert over a
distance of several hundred feet? Of course not. (Don't start in on
echoes or any **** like that, either - we're talking about
straight-line travel here).

--
Scott Gardner

"A billion hours ago, human life appeared on earth. A billion minutes ago, Christianity emerged. A billion Coca Colas ago was yesterday morning. " (from a Coca-Cola report)