David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Mark Steven Brooks" wrote in message ...
I have the exact same problem with my SV-3800.
I took it twice to a repair person. Each time it worked for about an hour.
They then told me I would need to replace the whole drive for about 400
bucks. It seems like a waste of money for a format that is becoming obsolete.
But I hate having this 900 dollar machine sitting around doing nothing.

(Mark Steven Brooks/Elaterium Music)

That's one reason I make a serious attempt at getting all of my
repairs on non-vintage equipment done by the manufacturer.
It's worth the freight... usually, nobody else does it better or
cheaper and replacement parts are always handy.

DM