Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default ScottW, let's have a nice, polite discussion

On Apr 1, 12:54*am, Jenn wrote:
In article
,
*"Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

On Mar 31, 10:07 pm, Boon wrote:
On Mar 31, 9:27 pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:

What three books would you say are your all-time favorites?

That's an easy one for me, since my degree is in Literature, and I
specialized in 20th Century American Novelists.

I loved On the Road for much of my younger days, but I think I burned
myself out on Kerouac a few years ago. Still, I consider it my
favorite because it's connected to a very important time of my life. I
also love The Sound and the Fury, The Grapes of Wrath, The Sun Also
Rises, To Kill a Mockingbird, Tobacco Road, The Sheltering Sky...crap,
that's more than three.

Yeah, Steinbeck is a favorite.

The Steinbeck Center is just up the road a piece from me, on the way to
SF, but I haven't stopped there yet. *It's on my list of stuff to do. *I
do love going to Monterey and Cannery Row. *Parts of it still have the
"vibe" of olden days.

I was at the Naval Postgraduate School for a class a few years ago but
I didn't have time for much sightseeing.

I'd love to see it.