Eddie Runner

Default I know how installers work

Mark, was this door speaker installation to be where no
other door speakers have ever been mounted before???

Is it that the car comes with dash speakers but you wannna
add door speakers where there is no place for them???

That kinda thing was real common in the 70s cause not many
cars back then came with front speakers at all...

But nowdays even I might decline to do that installation....

No wonder the guys wanted $50 to do an extimate, they would
have to pull the doors apart just to see if it can be done!!

If this is the case IT MAKES MORE SENSE TO ME NOW!

Eddie Runner

Mark Zarella wrote:

I was going to write this: "What part of the world are you in? I would
be glad to recommend it to anyone I run into that's looking for a good
retail opportunity."

But, having seen the reference to NY and MA, I am now having a HUGE
problem believing that there are not ANY competent shops in those very
heavily populated areas. The good people at Rich Inferrera's Car Tunes
come to mind... and I am sure I could call a couple of people I know
that live in MA and come up with several more qualified referrals.

That's in north shore MA though. I was trying to keep it locally back then,
since the people having the work done didn't want to travel. I was near the
cape cod/plymouth area. Admittedly, I didn't perform an exhaustive search
there.

As for my current situation, I'm in the Syracuse area. As I said, I checked
out all the places in the yellow pages. This totalled nearly 15. It wasn't
until the last one that I found someone even willing to do a door
installation. Everyone said it couldn't be done. They said that the
mounting depth made it too difficult. They said that there was not enough
area to mount two drivers. I knew it could be, because I had done it in my
last installation! I have the pictures to prove it, but I wasn't going to
show them or otherwise argue with them about it. If they didn't feel it
could be done, then as far as I'm concerned, they couldn't/wouldn't do it.
So I just said thank you very much and was on my way. The amount of crap I
encountered along the way was just plain nuts. Everything from "you'll need
more than one sub, because you won't hear any bass otherwise" (when I hadn't
even asked them about installing my sub) to having my car door panel damaged
to having one of my Morel drivers' surrounds crushed.

Lo and behold, the last place I brought it to said it could be done, and in
fact they did it. Unfortunately, it's just not right. But I have to give
them a lot of credit for being the only local shop to do it. They're a good
bunch of guys and they didn't break my car in the process, so I'm actually
going to have them do my video stuff. I'll just live with the speakers as
they are until summertime.