Eddie Runner

Default I know how installers work

Durbin, whats your feelings on the
plug em in and slam em installs??
And how it is changing the installers competence levels...

Nowdays they have a kit and harness for everything, and many
installers wont do a job at all if there is no kit and harness.....

In the old days we didnt have harnesses at all and many kits
we have to make ourselves....

In the 90s when the harnesses started being popular the installers
I had working for me wanted to use em but always gave them
away for free with the installation so I said NO DONT USE EM..

I think it made a better installer because they learned to test wires
and find the power, ground, speakers, proper speaker phasing, and
even factory amp turn on wires and power antenna wires....

many times those installers have later thanked me for MAKEING
THEM LEARN and they thought they were better because of that!

But nowdays where the harness is expected and the customer
doesnt mind paying a little extra even I use harnessses...

But the average installer today if faced with a car and no harness
seems to be lost.....

That old figure it out mentality is to me what made me so good!
Eddie