Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default TRRS to 1/4inch adapter for headphones

On 6/04/2018 2:41 AM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 4/5/2018 10:03 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
My problem is that the wide brim changes my perception of imaging a lot.
Even a baseball cap is a little bit audible, but something like a Stetson
or a Gilligan hat really screws me up.

Oh, for sure. I used to wear a straw hat when I'd mix at outdoor stages
- and then one afternoon it got cloudy and I took it off and noticed a
change in frequency response.

Dunno about there and then, but here and now one can get nearly as
sun-burnt outdoors with heavy cloud-cover as without. But here in NZ we
do generally have a higher UV index that many places that are not
surrounded closely by ocean and have more airborne dust and pollution...

And back on-topic, plenty of excellent quality purpose-designed
isolating earphones now available (Shure, Audio Technica, etc). But
there is always a benefit of being able to consistently use the device
which which one is most familiar and comfortable with.

geoff