Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default TRRS to 1/4inch adapter for headphones

On 4/5/2018 10:03 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
My problem is that the wide brim changes my perception of imaging a lot.
Even a baseball cap is a little bit audible, but something like a Stetson
or a Gilligan hat really screws me up.

Oh, for sure. I used to wear a straw hat when I'd mix at outdoor stages
- and then one afternoon it got cloudy and I took it off and noticed a
change in frequency response. Then I started mixing outdoor stages that
were in tents or had a tent over the console area, and that was just as
bad, different, but for the same reason - close-in reflections.

When working in the field and you really need to hear what you're doing,
nothing beats decent speakers in a room that doesn't have tragic
acoustical flaws.