Jon Yaeger

I've been following with interest this thread about the use of the 16 ohm
tap as a FB point.

I once rebuilt an Eico ST-70 that had poor bass response and a lot of
instability and distortion. It had a peculiar output configuration where
the 4 ohm tap was grounded, and FB came off of the 16 ohm tap.

I don't know if the configuration caused the problems (there were a few
other things going on) but when I grounded the "C" tap and lifted the 4 ohm
off of ground, things improved markedly. I don't recall if I also shifted
the FB point to the 8 ohm tap, but I think I did.

For what it's worth . . . .

Jon