Posted to rec.audio.tubes,alt.guitar.amps
Stephen Cowell Stephen Cowell is offline

Default Are Gold plugs/sockets a gimmick ?

"Geoff C" wrote in message

I'd like to know more about Rh plating, for a problem at work. We use Rh
"flash" but it is very thin and basically a jewellery process. I would
like
to know if there is a process to get up to tens of microns over
copper/nickel. Finding it hard to stop the copper eventually coming
through, at temps up to 700 deg C cycles. A supplier in Australia is
required. I imagine those that make switchgear contactors might know the
technology.

What about sputtering? I'm guessing the substrate is not flat....
electrostatic deposition? No, wait! Here's what you need!

http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/56...scription.html

Laser ablation forward metal deposition with electrostatic assisted bonding!
__
Steve
..