robobass

What kind of earplugs were you using before? I actually am pretty
happy with the spongy yellow cylinder types. I actually cut them in
half. In a really loud situation I can stuff them in deep, or when I
don't need so much attenuation I can pull them out a little. In the
latter situation I don't lose a lot of highs. In the former I want a
fair amount of high rolloff. In amplified situations and when you are
standing close to cymbals you are getting an unnatural amount of high
end anyway. It would be better to try to adjust to not hearing so much
of it anyway, as many musicians and soundmen have been getting to
much, and have a far different opinion of what is a good amount than
their listeners.

Also, that $20 carton I bought at Home Depot 3 years ago will last me
the rest of my life. I think paying upwards of $100 for one pair is
just nuts. Can you return them if you don't like them? What if you
lose one? I think it's just another way someone thought up to get
money out of musicians.

Robobass

"WideGlide" wrote in message . net...
Haven't been here in a long while... hope everyone is well. I finally got
myself a set of those custom fit "musician plugs" from the local
audiologist. All I can say is WOW!!! I can't believe I went all this time
without them. Absolutely incredible!!! They attenuate extremely flat
across the frequency range, very much unlike typical ear plugs or
headphones.