Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Sample rate conversion question

In article m3npk.28$5C.0@trnddc02, Mike Rivers wrote:
karle wrote:

I want to know if average people can really hear the difference between,
44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, an 192 khz.

I can answer that right now. No. The average people are very
non-discriminatory. Audio fussbudjits, however, can hear the difference
between 44.1 and 44.1 and 44.1 kHz all of the same word length.

The average person can't tell the difference between CD and a cassette
that has been dunked in orange soda.

What is most horrifying is that a friend of mine has been doing threshold
tests on college freshman as part of a psychology project, and says more
than half of them can't hear a 16 KC tone at any level.

Wear earplugs, guys. Protect your hearing, because once it is gone it does
not come back.