Arny Krueger

Default High Pass Filtering - How Audible?

dave weil wrote:

On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 11:34:39 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

Please consider the whole system. You got speakers with frequency
response starting at DC or a 1 Hz?

You got speakers with a FR that includes 6 Hz?

In the room yes, and that hardly makes me unique.

I have a friend that has a system that has somewhat rising response at 6 Hz
and within a few dB down to 3 Hz.. You can bet that speaker systems like
this aren't based on tiny stuff like 6 inch or 8 inch woofers.

I have a hard time with even conceiving of something like a 6 or 8 inch
woofer as begin a subwoofer. Do you know of anybody with a 6 or 8"
"subwoofer", Weil?

6 Hz is within a mere 2 octaves of 20 Hz.