Thine Deville

Default Audiolab 8000a

On 5 Aug 2003 00:17:14 -0700, (ken) wrote:

I've no fixed budget and do not mind 2nd hand stuff. The rest of my
setup is an Exposure 2010 cd player and a pair of 20 year old Heybrook
HB3s'. I'd like to know if any power amps work well with the 8000a.

Check this website for details of how to split the internal link
between pre and power amp sections. This is the same mod that dealers
used to perform. The mod will take you all of ten minutes to complete.
Very straightforward process.

http://www.long.per.sg/audiolab.html

I strongly advise you do not use the preamp section of the 8000A. It's
coloured and robs music of its vitality. The power amp section in the
8000A is capable of fine performance, however. I suggest you stick
with that and spend on a good preamp. Valves can sound very nice with
the 8000A. I'd recommend a Croft Micro, if you can find one.

--
Thine