Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] pallison49@gmail.com is offline

Default Listed Specifications for Guitar Speaker Frequency Range

Mike Rivers wrote:

Mat Nieuwenhoven wrote:
The Celestion data from another response shows the high sensitivity
(98 dB or so), but they don't specify how it is measured. If the SPL
is measured at 2.84 Volts, then the sensitivity will be less for the
16 Ohm version. And they don't show the waterfall spectrum which
shows resonances. But that might be only important for HiFi.

As I said, published specifications for loudspeakers, and in fact, for
most audio products, aren't worth the paper they're printed on

** That is complete bull****.

I have spent a great deal of time in my so far 46 year career testing and verifying makers specs for audio equipment ( including speakers ) and find very little to complain about.

Mike has never done any such thing and is merely blowing one of his wacky prejudices out his arse.

..... Phil