Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default Another PC Oddity

On 5/18/2011 3:36 AM, Meindert Sprang wrote:
Nobody
would accept it if their car occasionally failed during driving and the only
way to get it working again is to stop the car alongside the highway, get
out, wait a few seconds, get in and restart it again. So why do we accept
this behaviour from something like windows?

Probably because we don't pay nearly as much for our computers as we do
for our cars, though I'm sure some do (at both ends of the scale). Also,
people don't get killed or injured when operating a computer, so there's
no oversight.

If computers cost $20,000 and you had to get a license before using one,
we'd probably have a better system overall. Ain't free enterprise and
democracy great?.

--
"Today's production equipment is IT based and cannot be operated without
a passing knowledge of computing, although it seems that it can be

Drop by http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com now and then