Kelly

Default Small vs. large diaphragm condenser mikes for recording grand piano at home

(Mike Clayton) wrote in message ...

What type of music? Got a good sounding room and piano? Got good preamps?

I'll be recording classical music on a 1908 Steinway model O ( 5'10"
). I've replaced the strings and hammers, so the piano sounds good. I
suppose that the room sounds ok, but we may be replacing the carpet
with laminate "hardwood" floors, so I guess that will change
everything. As far as preamps, I was just planning on running the
mikes into my Mackie 1202 mixer and using the preamps in it.