Posted to rec.audio.car
Sharky Sharky is offline

Default Recommendations, 8" subwoofer and possibly amp

Well, I had a look around a few shops for an 8" subwoofer this past Saturday
and found absolutely nothing! Mind you, I only looked in three shops and
two big box stores in the Valley. Of the three audio shops, two of the
salesmen told me they don't even stock 8" subwoofers anymore. One guy told
me he could order me in a Pyramid or a Pyle sub and I just about laughed in
his face. I think if I'm going to use an 8" sub, I may have to order it
online. Having said that, with a 12" Memphis Audio already installed in a
box and wired to that Pioneer amplifier, I may just have to give in and try
it in the van. I don't like the idea of losing space, but I do agree that
with such a large cabin volume to fill, it will act as a larger sub box and
probably demand that larger subwoofer. Now, it's just a matter of finding
time to actually pull the van into the garage and start tearing into it.
Biggest job will be running heavy gauge power wire through the firewall and
through to the mid-panel of the interior.

I may still have a look online for a subwoofer, but if I find one, it will
have to be located in Canada, and somewhere relatively close to me.
Otherwise, the shipping will be more cost than it is worth, on top of the
price of the sub.

Thanks for all of the suggestions.
Sharky