Posted to rec.audio.high-end
[email protected] khughes@nospam.net is offline

Default Audiophilia in the 21st Century

wrote:
On Nov 30, 1:21�pm, wrote:

snip

You can choose which mastering you like best, and
from that point, you can do whatever you like to "try to get the best
sound" out of it.
That is actually right. but if I were to let the philosophical
ideaology that asserts vinyl is a flawed medium and should therefore
be avoided drive my actions as an aduiophile I would no longer have
the same choices amongst the many different masterings out

No response. And this is the jist of things.

No response? That is beyond disingenuous. I replied, and you snipped:

"*Only* if ones actual aesthetic values do not cause them to eschew
vinyl for its many non-mastering related flaws (e.g. surface noise,
distortion - as you admit - etc.). You seem adamant in a desire to
perceive that those who prefer CD do so *in spite of* aesthetic aspects,
instead of the truth (for many of us at least) that it is because of
aesthetics."

I.e., those for whom the vinyl artifacts outweigh any mastering
differences. However, if this is your idea of "argument", to excise
point where discussion is not possible. So, we reach yet another point
of agreement: "And this is the gist of things".

Keith Hughes