Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Sonnova Sonnova is offline

Default $100 Sony HD tuner blows away classic tuners

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 15:13:23 -0700, Earl Kiosterud wrote
(in article ):

"Sonnova" wrote in message

The two college
stations, one belonging to American University (WAMU) and the other
belonging
to George Washington University (WRGW),

Georgetown U. had an FM station. I had a show on Sunday nights in the '62-63

year. I
should be able to remember the call letters -- maybe it'll come back to me.
I'll not look
it up, because if it's changed, it might bias my memory. The transmitter was

in the control
room (I was the announcer -- it was the studio and control room type of
setup), and when you
heard that 120 Hz acoustic hum stop, you knew you'd gone off the air --
probably SWR
kickout. It only happened to me once.

--
Earl

WGTB? Yes, I remember them. AFAIR, that was their call back in the early 60's
as well. In fact, it might have been them and not George Washington
University that I'm remembering. It has been, after all, close to half a
century and the names are similar. Do you remember the Watergate concerts?