Jonathan Berry

Default Newbie with ST-8600 Tuner

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message ...
I think I saw am owners manual for one of these on eBay a while back. Check
over there, as well as the completed auctions. Try both ST-8600 and ST8600
without the dash. Maybe you can contact a winning bidder for a copy.
Or try a Google search. Ought to be a manual out there somewhere.

On ebay, I didn't find any manuals for sale (or sold), but did find
two units without manuals sold by the same vendor. This was his sales
pitch:

"Low-noise direct FM-to-tape deck system sends pre-emphasized signal
to deck for recording, with de-emphaasis in playback. Built-in pink
noise generator for accurate level settings of tape deck. Unique pilot
signal canceller permits virtually flat response to 18 kHz, without
interference. Four "Flat Group Delay" ceramic filters and 6-stage IF
contribute to "wave form fidelity". Separate control and IF circuitry,
with dual-level FM muting ("normal" and "deep"). Switchable auto or
manual MPX hi-blend circuit reduces noise on weak stereo broadcasts.
5- gang FM variable tuning capacitor. 4 pole MOS FET front end.
Buffered MOS FET RF linear mixer. FM/AM linear dial scale. Output
level control. 2 tuning meters. FM multi-path output, 4-ch MPX output
for discrete FM broadcasts."