Mark Zarella

Default Wiring subs to receive 2 ohms

This is often take into account when amp manufacturers provide ratings.
"Low" bass usually approaches the DCR anyway. It generally comes down to
the quality of the amplifier.

Also depends is the "4 ohm" subs are really 4 ohms.

For example, my old JBL 1500Gti, 1.95 ohms.
I ran that puppy on a old MTX 2160 with EXCELLENT results.

sanitarium wrote in message
Dont forget to factor in the total system impedence (Sub + enclosure)
The amp 'may' not be seeing that low of an impedence load. Im running
my amps at 2 ohms bridged with an aperiodic enclosure, the amps get warm
but not at all hot pushing techmaster peb. Then again I dont listen to
it that loud for long periods.

Garrett

Mark Zarella wrote:

If there was a problem, it would be with the amp, not with the subs.

You

have

them wired at 2 ohm mono, and your amp is rated to 2 ohm stereo. I'm

not

sure

what overall affects that can have on the amp... I've done it before

and

the

amp would overheat and shut down.

In short, it's not good for the amp if it starts shutting down. Yet he
didn't complain about that happening, so who knows what's going on...