Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Default GZ34

On Monday, August 7, 2017 at 12:18:50 AM UTC-4, Big Bad Bob wrote:

I would expect hammond to be a bit better about things like this. It's
also starting to make my idea of a solid state switching HV power supply
for tube amps make a bit more sense... [eliminate imbalance, noise, etc.]

It still all comes down to an adequate source of power. A transformer of sufficient capacity is expensive, but it does also isolate the secondary, a good thing. And when dealing with B+ voltage that can be quite large, isolation is key to safe operation. And this applies to anything, including both instrument and audio equipment.

Peter Wieck
Melroes Park, PA