Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

Default JVC RX-515V Receiver - Blown Center Channel

On 15/06/2014 6:29 AM, Mark Zacharias wrote:
"Trevor Wilson" wrote in message
On 13/06/2014 12:07 PM, wrote:
JVC RX-515V Receiver - Blown Center Channel

I have confirmed that it is the receiver's output that is blown, not
the speakee.

Is there anything I can check inside - something hopefully simple as
a fuse or thermal breaker?

This is a 20-year old surround sound work horse with plenty inputs
for all my analog gear, and replacements are few and far between.

Thanks for any suggestions on how to troubleshoot!

**If the RX-515V is anything like all the other JVC surround sound
recievers, then it will be extremely time-consuming. They were never
built to be repaired. Throw it away.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

The OP is probably out of his league - but I fix this kind of thing all
the time. No problem.

A couple outputs, maybe a resistor or two, sometimes a couple drivers or
a zener diode, etc.

Service info readily available.

Easy.

Mark Z.

**Like I said, if that model is like all the other JVC ones I've seen,
it has no removable base plate. Disassembly is not only difficult, but
testing after reassembly is challenging. JVC is far from the only offender.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au