Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ty Ford[_2_] Ty Ford[_2_] is offline

Default Anything you think was consistently done better in the past inthe pro/commercial recording world than how it's done today?

Musicians are playing software instead of instruments. I'm doing it with Apple Logic Pro X.
It's allowed me to "compose" with instruments I can't play and don't have time to learn in this lifetime. Is that a good thing? I don't know. It works for me; expanding my musical horizon. Should I be concerned about putting other musicians out of work? Here's one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7M2-GIW9Ls

There was a magic involved in designing and build recording studios. People today don't always realize how great some of the old big rooms were. I feel lucky to have been in some of them. Just standing there and listening to the room.......Wow!