ac0j ac0j is offline
Junior Member

Location: Nebraska

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Hi .....On my boat I have a new Kenwood 12volt car stereo, Kenwood
equalizer, Sony CD player and Amp all connected to two sets of speakers
inside and out. All works well but would like to add headphones while
blocking out the other speakers. The stereo is connected to the
equalizer leaving the speaker connections free, from the equalizer
stereo cables lead to the amp and speaker wire connections. I've tried
to install from Radio Shack a headphone plug and even stereo cables
plugged into the equalizer with a output plug for my headphones.....
nothing yet.... any suggestions?
In advance thanks Chris
well your best bet is to find an adaptor made to do just this. Radio shack used to have just the thing but I doubt it is still available.

the only thing I can think of is getting a phono amp. these are available and are meant to boost the rca level of an old turntable to a home stereo. this should drive the headphones. the speaker wires from the amp OR the radio would be far too hot and damage your headphones. The rca level would work but very quietly. I dont know but maybe a line driver would get the audio squeed up enough to drive headphones from the line out of the radio. anyone else?

acØj