Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Peter Wieck[_2_] Peter Wieck[_2_] is offline

Default High End Class D

It has been my experience - albeit limited - that a class D module included as part of a powered speaker system is not the same as a purpose-build amp built from separately chosen parts. The one is driven by bean-counters searching for the the lowest possible cost, the other by the assembling individual with (presumably) fewer constrains. Keep that in mind. The biggest enemy of these amps is heat, then, heat, and did I mention heat? As the one-off builder, you would be able to accommodate ventilation and cooling that a mass-producer would not. That producer is building for "Warranty x 2" and you are building for the ages.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA