Posted to rec.audio.pro
Roy W. Rising[_2_] Roy W. Rising[_2_] is offline

Default EV RE55

Frank Stearns wrote:
Roy W. Rising writes:

snips

reed leakage and repeatedly had to ask my A2 to fix it. Finally, when
the musicians were returning from a break, my A2 appeared to be tuning
the violinist's instrument. After a brief hissy fit, the musician
agreed not to touch *our* instruments.

What an amusing way to handle that!! Dangerous, but great!

The show was a great laboratory, it helped me refine techniques.

So it was *all live*, no pre-records?

See my other post.

How did you happen to land the gig for those three years?

The politics of the time displaced me from the "big" shows ... Tom Jones,
Pearl Bailey, Smothers Brothers, etc. and "dumped" me on the Welk show
where my help was found welcome.

Any over-arching thoughts on how this experience contributed to those
refinements?

Avoid "monkey-see, monkey-do". Just because it worked on "that" over
"there" doesn't mean it will work on "this", here and now. Always have
alternate tools in the kit, be ready to take a well-reasoned chance to
learn. Also, "Keep your back to the knife so you'll know who is holding
it". ;-)

Thanks again for the history,

Frank
Mobile Audio