Posted to rec.audio.pro
Roy W. Rising[_2_] Roy W. Rising[_2_] is offline

Default EV RE55

Mike Rivers wrote:
On 2/15/2012 8:26 PM, Roy W. Rising wrote:

I've
often wanted to record drums with a clip-on lapel mic to hear what the
player is hearing.

For there was a fad to tape a PZM to the drummer's chest
(hopefully to a shirt) to record the drums as he or she
hears them. I guess it sort of worked, until people got into
"detail" and wanted to hear the tail end of the decay of the
bottom head on the toms.

Tee hee! So many of the drum "classics" we celebrate were recorded so
differently from what some folks demand.

Solos aside, if we're listening to the details of the drums, we are missing
the program.

--
~ Roy
"If you notice the sound, it's wrong!"