Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

Default Austin report

In article
,
"Shhhh!!!! I'm Listening to Reason!" wrote:

1. My god, there's a lot of music here. And it's really, really good
music.

2. It's really hot. Really, really hot.

3. There are many cute women here. They're mostly younger than I am
but I can still look.

4. There's a tower on the campus of UTA that would make a great sniper
position. Someone should screen vets with potential psychological
issues. Never mind, that's a treasonous thought. Those guys are all up
the road at Ft. Hood. LoL.

5. You have to like the vibe of a town that has a place called "Groovy
Lube" for oil changes.

6. Tomorrow night I get brave and hit 6th Street. I am informed to
bring a camera as it tends to be nuts ("A lot like Mardi Gras" is the
exact quote.).

7. I am playing "Where's Waldo" with McElroy. I'm sure I just saw him,
tattoos and all, get on his Harley after a meal at IHOP. Nice beard,
Stephen. You look exactly like Billy Gibbons.

I love Austin. My two visits there have been wonderful, though I regret
that I was too busy to meet up with Stephen. The UT School of Music is
among the best in the country, especially in my biggest area of
interest, 6th St.is kind of a freak show IMO, kind of like Hollywood
used to be, Collings Guitars is there, the local acoustic music scene is
amazing, the LBJ Library is very interesting, the UT clock tower causes
one to reflect on loss, and the BBQ is simply amazing. Nice place!