Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default dB skills

On 28/01/2019 10:21 PM, wrote:
I've been experiencing this over the last few years intermittently. I'm currently experimenting with a dairy-free diet, after reading about some studies with children whose doctors manage to avoid having to fit grommets, with such a diet. I've also had my ears cleaned with a syringe a couple of times, and that helped, but I assume your audiologist checked for whether that would help you.
Anyway, the dairy thing may be something worth investigating.
Cheers,
Dan.

I think I get eczema related to dairy, but just can't live without my
latte ! Could be the case with my occasional eustachian tube blockages.
But nobody has ever taken up on my hinting at the possibility of
grommets. Guess I really should get tested to allergies or sensitivities.

However for a general disparity of response between ears (RHS is a 'bit'
down over 4k or so) my audiologist suggested I get checked over by an
ENT, who put me in for a an MRI to see if anything obvious causing it.
Turns out I have an acoustic neuroma pressing on the auditory nerve,
which is a benign growth that could be dealt with several ways, none of
which would actually bring about an improvement. So they are giving me
another MRI in 12 months just to check it hasn't significantly changed.

And in our health-care system that Trump would probably class as
communist, this has cost me ..... nothing. Apart from the audiologist
which was a personal decision and not a medical necessity.

Cheers ;-/

geoff