Posted to rec.audio.car
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default WAY, WAY off the topic question regarding turntables.....

In article , (GregS) wrote:
In article , "MOSFET"
wrote:
Oh I forgot, those garbage can speakers
I made in 1970 used 10 inch Radio Shack coaxials.
You turn the plastic can upside down, cut the hole out
with a knife and put mounting holes in, stuff the inside
with something like a pillow, turn it back over and rock.
It was something you can do in the Army barracks
without much of anything.

greg

I love these kind of stories, I really do. You seem very much like myself
as a kid, not a lot of money, but an absolute LOVE of music and the gear
that plays the music. Oh, and a desire to listen at ear-bleeding levels.

WIth 2 sets of my bass speakers in the basement and 200 wats per
side, was enough to get 130 dB ear splitting volume.

I forgot to mention me and my friend back in the early 70's. He played bass
with a pair of Ampeg transistor rigs. Each had 4 - 12 inch Altec drivers
and a horn. 8- 12 inch Altecs can make yourself vibrate. We would hook
up his fathers tape deck and try different things, music, echo, etc.

greg