Sanitarium

Default double sets of speakers?

Are you looking to increase amplitude of the sound? Or spread it more
around the cabin interior? Ive heard this before about big SUVs... the
"hole" thats in the middle of the (BIG) dash.

If you want to increase amplitude then multiple drivers adjacent to each
other will accomplish that. If you want to spread the sounds around the
interior more then you might have to add speakers elsewhere (AC vents,
center console, atop the dash etc.)

I would suggest kick panel mounts, that should image nicely in a vehicle
that large.
I just bought a pair of image dynamics HLCDs... but can't possibly
recommend them until I finish setting them up in my accord beater. See
page 3 of my sounddomain page.

http://members.sounddomain.com/kramer5150

Garrett

DJ TecThreat wrote:

i have a large SUV which is my daily driver and i have Infinity Kappa
Perfect 6.5 separates in the front and infinity 6.5 (co-axil)'s in the rear.
i feel like there isnt enough sound in the truck.... for some reason with
the system at almost half volume i just feel i should be getting more out of
it.. but, i dont.

So my question here is, where do you guys stand on putting 2 sets of the
same speaker in the front of a vehicle..? i'm thinking i want to buy another
set of Infinity Kappa Perfects's for the front so i can get more sound out
of the system..

With this in mind i was thinking of setting things up like this, the mid
speakers down in the door mounted next to each other in a custom plate...
and 2 tweeters on the dash (one on each side) and 2 tweeters on the
cross-member thingy right in between the windsheild and the door opening.

Tell me what you think

DJ TecThreat