Pooh Bear

Bill Lampman wrote:

Hi,

I'm trying to install a wireless system. Are there any wireless
transmitter/receiver
combinations that allow standard wired speakers to be wireless? I mean are
there
any wireless receivers with built-in amps for driving standard speakers, or
must
wireless speakers be used ?

If I can only go with wireless speakers, what are the best ones ?

An interesting area since it's one I'm loosely involved in. And may be
developing for.

Wireless transmission of high quality audio is bandwidth intensive. To date I'm
still unaware of anything capable of transmitting and receiving CD quality
audio. There are ppl working on it though in the same 'license free' band as
wireless networking etc....

There are Bluetooth audio headsets and stuff out there but they are strictly
low-fi. Normally using 64kbits/sec which after 'overheads' associated with RF
signal redundancy probably sound a bit like 32kbits/sec mp3.

Graham