Scott Dorsey

Bill Lampman wrote:

I'm trying to install a wireless system. Are there any wireless
transmitter/receiver
combinations that allow standard wired speakers to be wireless? I mean are
there
any wireless receivers with built-in amps for driving standard speakers, or
must
wireless speakers be used ?

No, the problem is that a power amplifier requires a good deal of
current. You can get an IFB receiver that will drive headphones nicely,
but if you want to drive speakers, you need a reasonable amount of power
and that means you need to plug it into the wall, which defeats the whole
idea of wireless.

You could have an IFB receiver driving a power amp run off a small
generator. I have seen this done for delay stacks at concerts.

If I can only go with wireless speakers, what are the best ones ?

Good ones do not exist.