Posted to sci.electronics.design,rec.audio.tubes

Default What is the most powerful audio output tube?

wrote:

What is the most powerful audio output tube, as far as RMS wattage
output?

4CX25000A would be good! Hmmm, I think the filament runa about 10 V at 170
A, you can run at least 10 KV on the anode at several amps. The output
transformer would be about the size of a small car.

I was at a Greatful Dead concert in 1969 at the Fox Theater in St. Louis,
and they used the modulator out of an AM broadcast transmitter as an audio
amp. The tubes were about a foot in diameter.

Jon