Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] skybuck2000@hotmail.com is offline

Default Why is side left and subwoofer swapped for 7.1 in windows 7 ? BUGBUG !!!

I did come across audio objects in the registry editor so perhaps a configuration issue is there.

However I also come across some more interesting things:

A guy claiming that this tool might could be used to swap audio channels via a text file... I think this tool probably installs some driver/filter... doesn't work for asio and other more direct sound apis but it might help some out the

The software in general seems kind interesting... apperently it can do some effects or channel mixing or something not sure exactly what this is yet:

1. equalizer apo

https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/

2. Description from Microsoft:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...t-architecture

For now I will first try to get as much of creative x-fi software working by carefully installing via web release and then updating from that as much as possible and only install missing components from original cd/nero image.

I am starting to wonder if maybe the nero image has bit errors.

Or if the installation program has a race condition where installing from harddrive happens to fast... because dvd/cd was much slower.

So this might be a problem with deamon tools... it does not slow down the harddisk enough to make a true virtual cd/dvd drive behave the same as a real one.

Bye for now,
skybuck.