Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] skybuck2000@hotmail.com is offline

Default Creative X-Fi Elite Pro Breakout Box SPDIF/Optical OUT to Denon1909 Receiver Optical IN not working ?

I am now re-installing the creative labs software.

First I tried to uninstall as much as possible of creative labs software, had to uninstall twice.

creative labs
soundblaster x-fi

stuff removed via uninstall programs.

I even de-installed the driver via admin panel/computer management/device management and so forth.

I did do a rescan of hardware changes and then windows re-installs a basic driver.

After restart of operating system I did notice a decoder panel that wasn't there with the full software which is kinda odd.

Perhaps this is something new... it had dobly and dts settings.

Anyway now during the re-installation of original DVD/ISO I come across this
text:

"
1.2 Muting Digital SPDIF Output When Playing DVD-Audio Media

Sound Blaster X-Fi uses Content Protection for Pre-recorded
Media (CPPM) that has been developed by 4C(r) comprising IBM(r),
Intel(r), MEI(r) and Toshiba(r). Part of the copy protection feature
requires that all SPDIF output of Sound Blaster X-Fi products be
muted during DVD-Audio media playback.
You can still listen to the DVD-Audio media content through
analog speakers.
"

This mentions muting of SPDIF out which seems what I am experiencing.

Perhaps the software detect HDP (high definition content/protection) on receiver and forces the SPDIF out to be muted ?!?!?

This would be very strange.

Bye for now,
Skybuck.