Posted to rec.audio.pro
Bill[_20_] Bill[_20_] is offline

Default Digital I/O connectors to PC...?

In message , Phil W
writes
IF you want to bother with Tascamīs driver policy...
Remember, they did NOT release Win7 drivers for the first generation
USB interfaces (US-122 etc.), but suggested to just buy a newer model.
Not so cool for stuff, thatīs only about 3 years old and the hardware
could keep working several more years.
And the probability is high, that they will act that way again. :-\

That was indeed the case, and when I contacted Tascam about a driver
installation problem on a later usb interface, I just received an
automated reply with no follow up.

However, the drivers were actually written by a German company. I
contacted them, and received very helpful emails, which enabled me to
solve the problem.

I think one has to consider Tascam as an organisation with some ability
to design the user interface for other people's hardware and software.
They then aim for the mass market. If it produces cheap usable gear, I
suppose I shouldn't complain too much.
--
Bill