Posted to rec.audio.pro
Phil W[_3_] Phil W[_3_] is offline

Default Digital I/O connectors to PC...?

Gareth Magennis:
"PenaL":
I have an ordinary laptop-pc 4G ram / 500 G hard-disc with several USB
channels and win 7, but not digital connectors at all. I'd like to record
and playback at least one stereo-pair wav 44.1 /16 bit digital audio
signal for editing them with some digital-audio software.
What kind of tools or converter I should buy to build an S/P-DIF or
AES-EBU digital I/O connectors to match them straigh to USB 2.0 channel?

There's several audio-card for sale which includes a lot of different
other actions, but on this moment I just only need some kind of
"converter", AES/EBU or S/P dif to USB.

-Pentti

Tascam 144 mK11 appears to do what you require at no great expense.

http://tascam.com/product/us-144mkii/

IF you want to bother with Tascamīs driver policy...
Remember, they did NOT release Win7 drivers for the first generation USB
interfaces (US-122 etc.), but suggested to just buy a newer model. Not so
cool for stuff, thatīs only about 3 years old and the hardware could keep
working several more years.
And the probability is high, that they will act that way again. :-\