Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default Digital I/O connectors to PC...?

Darn! Here's the device I was looking for:

(Roland) Edirol UA-1EX
http://www.rolandus.com/products/pro...?ProductId=743

The rub is that its S/PDIF connections are optical, not
coax, so a converter might be needed. Also, it has analog
line inputs and outputs, but they're cheap, and the analog
output might be useful for listening to playbacks with
better quality sound than the computer's built-in sound card.

Check eBay now and then. I'm sure these things turn up. It
was only about $30 new as I recall.

of audio." - John Watkinson

interesting audio stuff