Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
Mike Rieves

Default Yahama "natural sound" amp specs?

"Mark D. Zacharias" wrote in message
. net...
Mike Rieves wrote:
You've not really answered the question. THD, IM, slew, etc are ordinary
specs which were quoted for consumer stuff as well.

"other differences not shown in the published specs."

Doesn't make it on a technical group. If someone else used that line on
you, you'd probably hammer them, yes?

Specs are measured with the amp driving a pure resistive load, which
makes them all but meaningless when you consider that speakers are a highly
reactive load. This should be common knowledge in a technical group.
BTW, I failed to notice that this was a cross post. I'm replying from
home-studio which is not a technical group. I wish folks wouldn't cross post
like that, or at least have "CROSS POST!!!" in the subject line. My future
replies will be to home studio only.