Posted to rec.audio.tech,rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
David Nebenzahl

Default Yahama "natural sound" amp specs?

Mark D. Zacharias spake thus:

Mike Rieves wrote:

"rumble" wrote in message
roups.com...

can anyone tell me where to find specs or an owner's manual for a:

YAMAHA NATURAL SOUND STEREO POWER AMP (M-50)

Yamaha is decent sound reinforcement stuff, amp power is usually
underrated, they put out more than the specs say, but it isn't studio
quality, if that's what you're looking for. .

OK, I'll bite. Just what exactly makes a stereo amp of "studio quality"
better than an otherwise excellent stereo amp?

I would concede the Yamaha consumer power amp is not "professional" in terms
of ruggedness etc, also in studio applications I can see that balanced
inputs might be necessary, but for the purpose of reproducing stereo sound,
as opposed to reinforcing it, I cannot think of any qualities that would
make a "studio" amp preferable in terms of sound quality.

Gold-plated connectors? "Digital-ready"? Rack-mounting? Power supplies
that can supply 1000% of the maximum overload current?

--
I hope that in a few years it [Wikipedia] will be so bloated that it
will simply disintegrate, because I can't stand the thought that this

- Horst Prillinger (see
http://homepage.univie.ac.at/horst.p...06/000623.html)