anahata

I'm in the process of seting up a home based recording studio. I have a
simple question. In your opinion, is it cheaper and easier, to have a
analog based or digital recording studio, as far as. should I have a
mixer connected to my computer and have all plug-in's on a recording
program, or is it better to set every thing up, and have a room full of
racks.

I don't think that's a very meaningful choice. For one thing I think
either way you're talking about digital recording. But software
processing has got to be cheaper than "a room full of racks".

It really does depend on what you want to record (how many tracks, how
many at once, for a start) but for many purposes a cheap and simple (in
some senses) option is to get an all-in-one multitrack HD recorder.
That's why there are so many of them on the market, all different sizes,
from a Korg CR4 though Yamaha AW16G and similar to a Mackie HDR24/96,
and that's just from a quick glance at the web site of a local supplier.

--
Anahata
-+- http://www.treewind.co.uk