Liam Slider

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 21:46:00 -0500, climinons wrote:

Pro-tools/Cubase/Sonar/Waves/Logic/etc"

Pro-tools: Ardour

Cubase: Rosegarden

Sonar: Ummm...Ardour again? Or M.TRAX Digital Audio Workstation?

Waves: They do mostly mastering software right? So the comparable software
would be JAMin.

Logic: Sequencer right? Rosegarden again. Although there are many many
more. Rosegarden is great.

I'm surprised you left out things like trackers, we have a fine selection
of those too, like Soundtracker and Cheesetracker.

And with Jack, our audio applications can work together seamlessly, fully
integrated in a way you simply cannot get on Windows.

Yes yes, the question of "why spend all that money?" is a very valid one.
Why would you? But I guess if you want to have something of quality on
such an unstable, POS, OS you just *have* to pay for it.