Mike Rivers

In article writes:

The two strategies for dealing with RF are to prevent it from getting picked
up in the first place, and prevent it from being rectified.

Does that mean that Phil actually got the goods on me this time? I
used RF as an example because everyone knows what that is, and it's
possible, if you're sloppy, for both leads going to a differential
input to act as similar antennas. OK, I'll admit that I was right, but
didn't use the best example.

We have been known to have RFI problems around the studio, too.

My usual example when explaining how a differential input works to
reject common mode noise is hum induced from a magnetic field, but that
involves too long an explanation to answer a simplistic question. But I
see that eventually someone did give that explanation.

Next time I'll just shut up and let the incomplete answers flow in so
the poster can sort 'em out.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )