Posted to rec.audio.high-end
bob

Default WMA lossless or FLAC audio player?

windcrest wrote:

I'm also still wondering why Krell or other high-end companies have not
jumped on lossless with their own players.

Krell makes portables??? News to me.

Looks like Apple will
dictate the music technology of the future, CD's will one day
disappear, and all consumer media will be lossy compressed,

Don't hold your breath. They still sold 700 million CDs in the U.S.
last year. Legal download sales were the equivalent of about 50 million
CDs. By the time downloads catch up to CDs, the bandwidth may be there
to support lossless downloads.

sad if that
happens, I know jazz artists now who would like to scrap CD's and sell
only MP3's online.

That might be more a reflection of their treatment by record labels
than anything else.

bob