Ken Gilbert

"jim" wrote in message ...
Don't want to get into the valve/silicon, which is best, debate. You makes
yer choices and that's OK by me. It's all down to the schematic and what
you believe in....

I use silicon. Don't need a heater and low voltage drop...... IN4007 ? ..
keep seeing it on schematics .... what's wrong with BY127 ? ....seems to
have a better spec.. or .. I now use encapsulated industrial bridges....
About 1" square. Bolt down solid to the chassis with a 1/4" nut and bolt,
have four Lucar/spade connectors.... cost about £2 and are rated at 1500
PIV at 35 AMPS !!!

They don't get very warm with 500mA through them , so a heat sink is not an
issue !!

Any comments ?

Kind regards
jim

go for the gusto and get some silicon carbide high voltage schottky diodes.

no switching noise in the first place!

jm2c
ken